Awl Snap is in search of the perfect studiomate to share our studio & retail space with!
Are you a professional Artist or Maker who has dreams of selling your products through a workspace & storefront? If so, this is a good chance to get your feet wet.
About the shop:
- Located directly on Broad Street, across from the new Whole Foods and on the same block as Savory Grain, Pies and Pints, and Level Sushi.
- We're a small community of 4 artists who share the entire building. You would be sharing the front work/retail space with the Awl Snap team. We have a communal kitchen and 2 bathrooms to share.
- Approximately 400 square feet of space available for you, for $430 a month. All utilities and internet included.
- Lease commitment through Dec 31 with option to renew
While we have currently filled every nook and cranny with Awl Snap stuff, we are planning to Marie Kondo the crap out of this place, and make adequate room for incorporating a new studio partner.
The entire upstairs (private) mezzanine is available, as well as sharing some of the floor space on the first level.
Our ideal studiomate:
- Shares the same aesthetic and work practices as us.
- Keeps a "presentable" and relatively-organized workspace (since we are open to curious customers).
- Has people skills (said customers LOVE to chat!)
- Has a style/makes a product that compliments our leather goods so that we can visually create a beautiful retail space together.
- Is an established business looking for space to work, AND also willing to share shop responsibilities of "open hours" on some weekdays and weekends.
- Ideally looking for jewelers, crafts, fiber/textile artists, etc. Unfortunately woodworkers and metal workers will not mesh well with our materials.
- Oh, and must be dog friendly. :)
Think you're a good fit? Email Erin at email@example.com and tell us why!